Wednesday, June 15, 2005

College stuff

I'm going to hit you guys with a non-poker post. I hope you don't mind. (I don't think you exist anyway [you being a reader]).
Anway, I just got back from Oxford, Miss., yesterday. I was there to cover the UT baseball team in the Super Regionals.
texas won the best-of-three series in three games.
Because of some spotty defense, we dropped the first game, but came back and won the next two.
You have to be 21 to gamble in Mississippi so I didn't.
The people in Oxford are great. We (I was with Ben Cutrell another writer) spent one night in Batesville then two nights with a local journalist. Ben and him talked college sports till the wee hours of the morning, totally flooring me with their collective knowledge.

Now there is a 50/50 chance that I'll be going to Omaha NB for the College World Series. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping. If I go it will be as a photographer, so I'll have to give myself a crash course on modern, digital equipment. I think I can do a good job, and hopefully,. I'll get a chance to try.

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger BurntOrnge said...

*celebrates*

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger ScottMcM said...

YOU HAVE 2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home