Friday, January 21, 2005

Another nice call.

Winning this hand took a combination of figuring ‘pot odds’ and paying attention to the story of the bets.
Playing .10/.20 NL HE on Royal Vegas the player on my left, the BB pushed in for $4.58 after it had gotten to him. I knew I was calling the second he pushed, because I thought he had an underpair to my TT and was desperate. One MP player called, and I called. As luck would have it an A hit the flop. I was the hand was over for me, but he checked the flop. A rag hit on the turn and he bet $7.20. Ok, rewind. He checked the flop so the A didn’t figure to hit him. Pre-flop he had limped so I can discount JJ and up. That leaves him with a pair, or face cards. I think that this looks like a pretty typical bluff, and I’m getting 3:1 on the call. So I call. The river is another blank and we both check. I take down the$15.60 side pot, and still make money after the BBs JJ take the main pot.

Additionally, I had been catching good hards and horrible luck in this game. earlier my QQ had gone down to the BBs JJ when he rivered a J after I got him all in pre-flop. I had lost another big hand with QQ, so I wasn't feeling 100%. This made making this call hard, not because I didn't think I had a good read and nice odds, but because I was afraid I could be tilting and unwilling to believe I'd been beat. But I stuck with the read, said tilt be damned and called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home