Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Laying down the nuts

So my friend is playing in a friendly $20 buy-in home game. Two guys are in the game, DJ and D.K. I've played with them before and they are horrible.

DB lines of there's include:
"A pair and an ace kicker? You can't fold that."
and,
"I had a pocket pair. No way I was folding"
So my friend, who can play well when he wants to has decided to let these guys run over each other. After blinding down a while he picks up JJ in the SB.
There's a raise to $5 and an illegal, but uncontested re-raise to make it $8. DJ and D.K are at it again.
My friend calls the $8 as did the resident-dyke. So when the flop comes down QKT the pot is already at $32.
D.K. has KK and he bets around $4. DJ calls with AA as does my friend. The dyke also calls. The turn is an 8. And they check around. The river is a J and my friend knows he's in trouble.He bets $3 into a $48 pot and starts telling them about how he's got the nuts. He taunts them and tell them to fold. First KK folds. And then DJ holding the nuts with AA folds. (Both were drunk). The Dyke did call though, with 85o.

How often do you fold the nuts when the pot is laying you better than 16:1?
An unconventional play, but I suppose it could pay off in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home