Sunday, January 23, 2005

Moving on up?

On-line poker players often make the mistake of tying to move up in limits too quickly. I protect my BR like a mother bear her cubs, because once it's blown I'm done for awhile. The plan is to never blow it, but I'm not scared about moving up when the time is right.

Yesterday, I got to talking with a fellow DBPoker.com member, Maego, and we played a $5+.50 NL HE SnG. The deck hit me in the face the whole game and I won it pretty easily. So he asked me if I wanted to play in a $20+2. I told him that my BR wasn't strong enough for such things, and he offered to buy. Twice. Of course I failed to make the money in either of them, and I was feeling like a db, he ITM'd in both (one first was second) so he was making money.

We played a third, and this time I bought myself in. I had my ass handed to me, and quickly bluffed away half my stack. Down to 8XBB I pushed from EP with 88. It folded around. Next hand I was dealt JJ and I pushed again. This time I was called by KJ in LP. I unnecessarily, caught the case J on the river and was back in the game. Maego busted shortly afterward and went to bed as it was around 6 a.m. I ended up winning the SnG and went back to look at my BR so I could keep my records.

$454. That meant I'd made close to $100 that night by playing SnGs. Might be time to rethink my whole strategy. Maego suggest I stay a the $20 level and I do believe I will.

So most poker bloggers keep people up to date on thei bank roll. With a title and a stated mission like mine, it's odd that I haven't been. Write that off to forgetfulness. Here it is.

Royal Vegas: $268.60
Poker Stars $522.53 (just took down another $20 +2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home