Sunday, January 06, 2008

Chuggin' Along

Well I hit $601, and I knew I should take a break to enjoy that mark. Instead I jumped into a pair of tourneys and lost both. Now I've been up and down between $500 and $545, unable to make headway but not losing too much either.
Today has been more of the same. I won a $13 6-handed SnG. Then moments later I lost a race that would have ensured me a $55 tourney seat. By the way, be careful with those rebuy sats. I put $26 into that losing effort. That's fine if you win, and if luck wasn't involved, I'd certainly win every one. Unfortunately, luck is involved, so I lost.
My motivation right now is those little emails from PS letting me know that I placed in an event. So for that reason I've been playing a fair amount of micros. Right now I'm in a 50 FPP and $5.50 6-handed MTT. I'm looking alright in both, and hoping for two PS emails informing me that I've made some money.
The problem with this is that I'm not necessarily making a lot of money. The upside is that I'm feeling unlucky, and playing small keeps the losses small.
Right before I hit the post button, I've gotten to the bubble of the FPP tourney with 6,990 chips and 100/200 25 blinds. Hooray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home