Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Progress

I haven't played much lately, but I've played well. 4 sessions, each of them a winning one.

I started using pokercharts.com. In the few hours I've played, I'm making a bit over $21/hr. Not enough time in to mean anything, but it sure does look good.

After two consecutive winning sessions on RV, I've withdrawn another $20. So now $50 will be hitting my bank within a few days.

I won $54 for taking second in a $20+2 SnG on Stars. Competition was stiff because i was playing with two DBs. csctiger2, and gooberific, both successful tournamnet players. The rest of the table was comprised of poor players and one passive WADB. it got to 4-handed quickly and there it remained. One minute it looked as if I'd bubble, then Goob, then the WADB. Interestingly enough, said WADB works in some capacity at the University of Texas.

I play one hand a bit crazy. On the shortstack i raise from the button with T7s. csctiger2 pushes and I practically beat him into the pot calling. Not sure how to explain it. A -EV play to be sure, but I felt there was a wide range of hands he could be bullying me with, and with 1/3 of my stack (5xBB) left I wasn't folding. He showed Q8o and I end up making trip Ts to double up.

Finally Goob goes out on the bubble with A9s vs. my 99. HU I play alright, but get out done when it matters, and down I go. I ended up all-in with AQ vs 56. If that hand would have held up, I'd be right back in it. But no worries, I got lucky myself.

I had a wild session of .25/.50 PL HE today. After flopping two pair out of the BB with 64o. I got the DB who had min. raised pre-flop with JJ all-in. He rivered his jack, and knocked me down. Then My AK can't hold up to AQ and AT, and I lose a bit more. Next hand, I pick up AJ. I raise, and am called by the WADB who held AT previously. I bet ut on the flop and turn, and am called each time. I check call the river.
Waddya know? Mr DB just went runner-runner on me to make a straight.
Somehow I still have $24. A few hands later I'm dealt AJo again. I play it even more aggressive than before against the same DB, and I take down a $10 pot. Next hand QQ. I raise it up pre-flop and the DB calls along with one other player.
The flop is 9 high and I bet $5. My faithful DB calls, and we see the turn. It's a lovely Q.... and he bets pot?
WTF?
I'm over the top and all-in. He calls and the river is a rag. His hand is automucked and I double up. Must've had AQ or KQ right? Who knows.
A few hands later I pick up AA and win a small pot. I finish up $12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home