Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Up Up and Away

I've always thought I'd be happy with a profit of $30 a day. That sounds very easy, and if I focused on it, I think it would be. It would also mean earning close to $1K a month. As you can see from my last post, I'm definitely not doing that.
But on days where I've made over $30, I always make a mental note of it to myself.

Today was a good day as far as that goes. Before 1:00p I've already found myself up $60ish. My big hand was for $99.10, and I had to catch a two-outer to pull it out. But it wasn't my fault.

I had an aggressive, borderline-wild, image. In the SB (playing 6-handed .25/.50 NL on RV) I make it 2.50 with TT. The BB (a big stack) called, WADB button (who I've busted twice in this session) folded. The flop is a friendly looking 663 rainbow. I bet out $6 and am called.
This fella likes to slowplay. Maybe the board isn't so friendly.
Turn is a T
It's looking friendly again.
Now I check, in case he does't have a big hand. This way I can get more out of him, if he wants to make a play for it. He bets $5, and after some thought, I make it $12. I hate min. raises, so $12 seems good. He goes with the min. re-raise, and I push.
Poor guy had K6s, and after being at $100 a few hands ago, he finds himself at $30.
Satisfied, and with school to work on (I shouldn't have even been playing) I waited for the blinds and left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home