Sunday, March 27, 2005

Just Peachy

Well, I feel a lot better about True Poker now. But that's only because I was able to withdraw up. Things were looking grim, and I was steaming. I got down to around $25 in a matter of minutes at a 1/2 limit table, and was just tired of it.
While I was doing that, I was also talking to Nicky (I just added a link to his blog, check it out; he actauly makes money at this). So I told him I was taking the last of my deposit and sitting at a $50 max 1/1 NL table. He thought that sounded like a good idea, and away I went.
By this time, by $100 had dwindled to $41. So I play a while and do good. I work it up to $91. If I can only get over $100 I am the hell out of dodge. I still have one last level of my depsoit bonus to clear, but that 'free' 410 is only costing me money. I take a break and come back a couple of hours later.
I buy in for $50. The plan is to get up $9 and be done with it. Early in the session I get 56s, and I raise (image, stupidity, blahblahblah). I end up flopping an OE draw and I dump half my stack into the pot chasing it. It was a big, 3-way pot. I was getting good prices.
But that doesn't pan out.
So I scrap and claw, and get back into the $40s when I pick up JJ. I had just won a nice pot the hand before off the chick on my left. After limping she calls, as does Mr. overplay everything while talking about other people's bad play. The flop is super raggedy with two spades, 235 maybe.
The blind bets $5, and the woman pushes for $20ish. I mean to raise big, but I hit the wrong button and min. raise. But that's ok. Comapred to his $5 bet it is a hefty sum. He thinks and calls.
Time tells, what to make of them? I really think he's drwing. I feel it. But am I being suckered. The turn is another rag, he checks and I push.
"I'm a gambling man," says he. "It's always been my downfall"
With that, he calls with some sort of straight draw. (It all happened so qucik, I could get a good luck at the cards.) The shorty flips over a flush draw. The river pops down and pairs the board.
I take down a $147 pot.
The next hand, I get JJ again and I win a small pot when I flop a set. Then I leave.
I cashed out $192, and I am done with that site.
I just remembered how the hand went down right before the first JJ hand. I had K8s in the BB and the flop was KKJ rainbow.
She bets and I call. The turn is a 9, and she checks. I bet and she min. raises. I get a sinking feeling that QT is kicking my ass, and I call. I'm begging the board to pair.
On demand, a J hits the river. She checks. The pot is a bit over $40. I have $21 left. She has $20. I push and she thinks for a long while, then types "please show" before folding.
(bad bet? value bet in order? meh, it's only half the pot and I am greedy. No worries.)
Anyway, I proceed to mock her request to show, and I think that may have put her on tilt. it made getting her last $20 on the next hand very fun. I know that much.

So, I wasn't planning on playing poker today, but I'm glad I did. By the way, I didn't play any at RV but I thought an update was due. I am now at $592.80 at that site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home