Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Starting with the good.
Last night, I decided to play some drunken .25/.50 NL HE while my friend watched. I win a big hand early with 9Ts, and switch tables. I don't always hit and run, ut this seemed like a good time to.
At the second table I am getting nothing. My friend wants me to play everyhand like it's the nuts, but I'm more picky than that. Finally, I pick up T4o in MP. He urges me to play it, so I do. There are two limpers, so I make it $1.50 to go. The BB calls and the first limper calls. The flop is a pretty little QJ9. They both check. I bet pot, and take it down.

Then I show. Advertising is great, especially when you pick up a big hand later. And I do. AA in the SB. There are several limpers and the button makes it 2.50. Big hand, no doubt. How doe the table WADB play it?
I tell my friend that I should push. He disagrees, but when I push my slider to the top he realizes I have exatly $44. 4 is his lucky number, so the correct play was obvious. I re-raise from $2.50 to $44. The button has $25 and calls with AK. He gets no miracle and I take down a big pot.

The Bad.
PS has been killing me lately. BR is WAY down. We won't dwell on this.

The Ugly.
Dealt to MK (5c 7s)
Dealer: Hand #57650195
Dealer: jabgr81 posts the small blind of $2
Dealer: mk posts the big blind of $4
Dealer: New Guy 24 calls $4
Dealer: Motown calls $4
Dealer: BCAM74 calls $4
Dealer: jabgr81 folds
Dealer: mk checks
Dealer: The flop is [4♣][Q♦][8♠]
Dealer: quadg35 stands up
Dealer: mk bets $18
Dealer: New Guy 24 folds
Dealer: Motown calls $18
Dealer: BCAM74 folds
Dealer: The turn is [3♣]
Dealer: mk bets $53
Dealer: Motown raises to $144
Dealer: mk calls $91
Dealer: The river is [10♠]
Dealer: BCAM74 stands up
Dealer: mk checks
Dealer: Motown bets $250
Dealer: mk calls $250
Dealer: Motown shows Queen Ten high (5d 6d)
Dealer: mk shows Queen Ten high (5c 7s)
Dealer: mk wins the pot ($840) with Queen Ten high

This hand took place between to good players I know. "Motown" was on a pure bluff, while MK was feeling under the weather and misread her hand for a straight, allowing her to make the ridiculous call.
That's Poker...
No, no it isn't. I don't know what that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home