Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blegh

I hate poker as much as ever.
After my quick start, nothing's been going right for about two weeks. I get the sinking feeling that it has less to do with bad luck and more to do with me playing like shit.
Part of the problem might be the hours I play and my mindset. Instead of playing in the evening or afternoon I'm playing at 4-5-6 a.m when I'm tired and pissed off that I can't sleep.
I have an 8 a.m. class. It's 6:20, and nevermind. I just busted.
So frustrating. I push for 560 on the turn with an 800-chip pot. My opponent calls with A-hi and a Q-hi flush draw. He turned the flush draw and, of course, he rivered the flush.
Maybe I should have pushed on the flop when he bet out. But really, I got all my chips in the middle in a pretty good spot and it didn't pan out.
So frustrating.
And now I'm just ranting.

On the bright side, I did win 4 4-man HU SnGs in a row. That's 8 straight HU matches if you're keeping score at home. It helped my BR some, but not enough.
It spirals downward, and I hate poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home