Friday, July 22, 2005

Plans for the 4Runner

With the 4Runner now in my possession, and a few miles put on it, it's time to start thinking about, what next?
I'm thinking it neds an auditory upgrade. It's got 1 10" subwoofer with a 500 watt amp and 4 dinky Pioneer speakers. I brought my old car audio system from Conroa back to Austin, and I have 2 12"s, a 500 watt amp, and 6 speakers, including two 6 1/2" Sony Xplodes.
A 10-speaker, 3-sub, 2 amp sytem in that little 4Runner would be pretty cool. But I'm going to want it to look nice. So it's going to take some planning. I want to build one enclosure for the 3 subs. Then I'll put the 6 1/2s in cubby holes on each side of the back seats. That leaves 4 speakers, and I'll have to get creative with thei placing.
Plus, two of the speakers in the car now are lying ghetto-style in the back, wired but not enclosed.
That grates on my nerves and will have to be changed.

I'm still not sold on $50 HU matches. I can't seem to win the first one on any given day, and that always sets me back. Today I'm a big 0-for-2. I was a missed draw away from winning the second one, with all the chips in the middle after I flopped a set with AJ, but he made his straight. Then he limp-called an all-in raise with QJs when I had him barely outchipped and the blinds had gotten high. I had 56o, flopped an open-ended dra, but connect connect with any of my 14 outs after the flop.

The first match was ugly. I couldn't hit a flop. When I flopped two pair, he flopped top two and it was over.

I spent the last three days in Houston, attending Big 12 media days. That was a lot of fun. I got to talk to several football coaches and players, including Texas QB Vince Young, Texas A&M QB Reggie McNeal and many more.

As a member of the media I got a lot of free stuff and I got into a couple 'invite only' receptions, including one held at the Fox Sports Bar and Grill in the Galleria. That one featured a lot of free food, an open bar (no good for 20-yo me) and Houston Texans cheerleader. (They were extraordinarily hot).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home