Monday, July 18, 2005

Yet Another Change...?

If you've read my blog long, you know I tend to have a "bread and butter" game that I go with. Lately it's been $35+3 6-handed Sit and Gos. Then there was my two months of hardcore MTT play, which overlapped the SnGs some. Before that was $20 SnGs, I think. And before that was $5 4-man HU shootouts.
You can see the progression in buy-ins.
My BR has been static lately as I've been living off poker money, and unable to really grow my bankroll.
I recently changed my desired balance at $1200 rather than $1000, a small change that gave me additional padding rather than allowing me to play bigger games.
But I'm considering a switch. $100 a day in $35+3 SnGs isn't all that easy, and I'm coming up short too often. I like my goal, though nearly 10% increase in BR a day is lofty, I think it's attainable.
I'm a good HU player, and am considering going back in that direction. But I'll play $50 HU matches. If I can go +2 a day, I'll be accomplishing my goal. That seems like it would be very doable. But I often have unrealistic expectations for myself.
But if I can't win 2 more HU matches than I lose in a day, I'm not a very good HU player...
And I think I'm quite good HU....

I've played two $50 HU mtaches. The first one was about a week ago, and I lost it. With the loss I forgot about them; I only played it on whim.

But after a PSCrewer posted about their softness, it hit me that my goal could become more easily attainable by going this route.

If you read this, I'd like you to weigh in with your thoughts. Think it's a good idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home