Friday, August 19, 2005

Just when I thought I was out of the woods

Apparently, that tourney win was just a bump in the road to ruin.

I've played a couple more tourneys on Noble. In a $15r I made the final table with a stack that was close to average. Only 5 spots paid, so I still had a lot of work today. My cards had been ice the whole tournament and the only reason that I'd come that far was because I'd made a goofball play with 63o and gotten lucky.
I'd gotten KK once, but only took the blinds. I'd pushed on consecutive hands with Q4o and K7s to take blinds just prior to the final table.
With 10xBB I found AhQh two off the button and I shoved it in.
The SB made a gutsy call for 10K of his 11K in chips with 99. I flopped a flush draw, and turned a wheel draw.
Too many outs. The river was a brick, and I was out.
Me and Duquedelsol had a little chat about this on Yahoo messenger and decided his call was possibly bad by a very slim margin, but I'm not complaining about this one.

Today was ugly. I decided to stay home, play poker and work on some stories for the Daily Texan. I played a $15 freeze out and before I knew it, we were down to 13. 10 spots paid and I had an 11th place stack. My stack was 11th place because the hand before, I'd raised with AK.
The SB called and checked. I bet on the 8J7 flop, but weakly (because of his play in past hands). He called and pushed when a T hit. I folded and he showed A9.

I stuck around and pushed with my favorite hand, AhQh. A bad player with a nice stack had limped UTG and he insta-called with AJo. A J on the river ended my run.

I got puissed and played a $50 6-handed SnG. With 4 left, everyone had around 5xBB. It was sick. One player bluffed a dry side-pot and kept seat 1 in the game, which infuriated me and sealed my fate. The next hand, seat 3 limped. I had JKdd and decided he might well fold like a jackass if I pushed. So I did.
The BB, seat 1 of course, called. And the idiot limper folded. The BB had AJ and I was out.

On another bubble, I pushed with AJ and got called by a UTG limper with QTdd. The flop had an ace and two diamonds, the turn gave him his flush.

In a PLO SnG, I was knocked to 90 chips after flopping the nuts and getting all-in vs a set, the board paired and I lost the hand. But I survived and on the bubble I was CL at one point. Then I lost tow all-in pre-flop hands to the same guy. I was a favorite in both. With the the first hand he doubled, and the second he knocked me out.

So I played a $20 6-handed. My opponents were nothing short of god-awful and I quickly got it heads up.

With a slim chip lead, I had T2o. The SB completed and I checked. The flop was T24 rainbow. I checked and he bet 900 into the 200 pot, like I thought he could based on previous play. I decided to let him bluff off the rest of his chips, so I flat-called. The turn was a 5 and he pushed for 1600. I called.
He showed AK. The 3 on the river gave him the flush and crippled me.

So I've lost $100+ since that tournament. But it's not all bad news. I started with $400 on Noble and I have $536 right now. That's plenty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home