Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pot Limit What?

I went to sleep last night with !230 in my PS account. That extra $30 was begging to be used for WCOOP satellites, so that's just what I resolved to do today.
When I got up a $5r sat was seating. I don't like $5 rebuys that much, but I can't always wait for something better. There's no reason I can'e beat 10-11 people and get a seat. So I registered.
I quickly rebought to 3000, and was dealt the first hand.
All four cards of it.
I look at the blue bar bordering the window, Pot Limit Omaha....
Well, I wouldn't have registered had I known that.
Oh well, time to play cards.
The first hour is pretty good, and I'm around 8-10K at the break. Then I get card dead.
I suffer through no cards and find myself at 10xBB when everyone else is still deepstacked.
I call a min raise from the BB with Ac3cXxXx and flop a flush draw. The BB bets out and is called by the LP raiser. I check-raise all-in with the nut flush draw and both call.
I miss the flush draw, but the turn is an A and the river a 3, giving me two pair.
It's enough to triple me up.
But I stay card dead. With Kc9c9xXx in the BB, a player raises my blind from LP. It's the second time he's done it, so I jam. He calls with A-rag-rag-rag and I double through him.
Then the cards heat up, and I do a bit of roller-coastering.
After limping AQQx from EP I have to fold on a QK9 rainbow flop. Both of the other players in the hand had JT; I would have turned a boat and won a huge pot.

A knock out a nice guy at my table who had let himself get way too shortstacked. He was a bit confused why he'd lost the hand.

mikerocks [observer]: there were 4 hearts on the board right
BurntOrnge: yeah
mikerocks [observer]: i had k or hearts
mikerocks [observer]: y didnt i win

Poor guy hadn't play much Omaha. We straightened him out, and bid him good game. He'd gone out in like 15th, not a bad showing at all.
With 108 players registered, we were playing for a mere 7 seats. Which was not what I'm looking for. ut for $15, it's what you get. (I was in for the min. $15 after the break, rare for me in a rebuy)

I had my ups and downs, but by the time we got to the FT I was looking good. I was pretty tough on the blinds, especially when the button and SB because those two guys had plenty of chips and had gone turtle.
Of course, the idiot on my left decides when I open from UTG that with TTxx he needs to play. I have AKQx and flop top two. I bet out, he calls on the TKQ flop. The turn is an A and we check it down from there.
NH Bub, I lose a 50K pot.
But from there it is smooth sailing. I steal more blinds, and don't see another flop.
The 9th player was elimnated shortly after we went to the final table and number 8 went out after a battle.

With the win, I registered for the $215 HU Matches, event no. 3 on Sep. 6th.
With a guaranteed prize pool of $200K and a bracelet at stake, I'd really like to make something happen there.
Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home