Sunday, November 06, 2005

I Hate Poker

So While I was writing my last entry, I was engaged in one of those $20+2 20-table SnGs. I ended up finishing an unsatisfying 16th.
My failure to write about it has doomed to me failure ever since.
I'm 0 for my last 8 SnGs. Luckily some of them were real cheapies. Others were $35+3.
So I hate poker.
The definition of self-abuse has to be low boy-in MTTs and I got medieval on my own ass by playing a $2+.20 MTT with a couple of thousand people in it.

We were below 600 less than two hours in, when I had action in front of my pocket kings. I got all in and lost to AsKs when he flopped a flush.
I hate poker.

I've been sick for two weeks now, but it's a functional kind of sick.
Thursday night I went out to a bar, Posse East, with my roommate, Zack, and people from Longhorn Band.
Two band frats were there, the Gourdheads and Beta Bunch. Well, the Gourdheads have this tradition where they walk in a big circle, do a chant and clap their hands.
When they do this, the Beta Bunch has their own tradition. They line up and moon the marching Gourdheads.
Thursday night this took place right outside the bar (in the middle of the street). So you've got a group of like 20 people walking in a circle clapping their hands and about 20 guys mooning them.
These two other guys come walking across the street. They're half-stepping and don't realize what's going on until they're smackdab in between the two groups.
Apparently, they were offended because one guy spreads his arms crucifix-style and flies both groups the bird as he walks through.
You'd think they'd never seen an ass -- or 20 -- before. Me, Chris and Rustin are standing there and we see this. Someone yells at them to get their attention and we all fly 'em the bird back.
"Fuck you!"
They looked real pissed but kept walking. I mean, these two guys seemed to be as disturbed as mormons in a head shop by the wall of asses.
Suddenly, they double back and I'm thinking there might be a fight. Which is ok with me. One of the guys was about my size, and the oyther one wasn't that much bigger. So me Rustin and Chris had them overmatched.
Oh and there were two frats behind us with plenty of guys that could jump in.
Unfortunately, the guys just walked into the bar, got two drinks each and walked back across the street from wherever they'd come.
Each one was carrying to non-alcoholic drinks.
What fags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home