Friday, September 09, 2005

Another New Car...

Yes, I'm in possession of another car. Supposedly, it's mine. That's what they told me at the mpound.
Curious yet?
(If not, I suck.)

I was at work Wenesday, and my cell phone rang. I didn't recognize the phone number and answered to see who it was.
"Hi, this is the Austin Police Department," came a female voice.

My first thoughts were predictable. "Damn, I meant to pay that parking ticket yesterday. They get on you quick in this town..."

But that wasn't it. Instead, the woman was aksing if I had a friend named Kyu (I do). And if I knew where he was (In Korea.)
I gave her this information and let her know he'd be there for a couple of years, and his family also resides. there.

Then she told me a story about how Kyu's 2003 Honda Accord was abandoned on 41st street, tagged as such by the APD, and eventually impounded.

Sehr interessant.

But what's that got to do with me?

"Well it's scheduled to be sold in an auction tomorrow. Because you're his only friend that we can locate, you can come down here and sign a 'Righ ot Possession" form to claim the car. Otherwise it's gone."

...

Ok...

"How much will that cost me?"

"You only have to pay impound fees," she says. Then she asks somebody to run the numbers. I sit in my cubicle feeling disoriented.

"$530" she said, awakening from my stupor.

I tell her to hold on, let me get in touch with my parents and she said she'd hold off the auction. 15 minutes later I was off the phone with my mom, and of course I was getting the car.

Within an hour I was at the impound filling out a form with my friend Dan who was nice enough to drive me there. 45 minutes after I got there, I was driving of in an '03 Accord.

I plan on getting it legal to drive, license, registration, etc. but when my friend comes back I'll turn it over to him, unless he was really trying to abandon it.

It's the damndest thing. the car was loaded with his stuff, suitcases of clothes, a tuxedo, and open bag of sunflower seeds.
I threw that last item away; I hope he doesn't mind.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John was a dedicated poker professional. Over the past fifteen years, he'd gotten married and was raising three fine children on his winnings. Content with the size of the family, he and his wife, Mary decided it was time for John to have a vasectomy so that they could look forward to traveling together after the children were grown.
John entered the hospital and was put in room 201. On the day of the operation, a frumpy overweight nurse went in to prep John for the procedure and while shaving around his privates, she noticed that John had a tattoo on his penis that said "RUSH". The frumpy nurse just happened to be a poker player herself, and was explaining to another more voluptuous nurse what a rush meant in poker lingo. Well, the more voluptuous nurse, wanting to see the tattoo, went into room 201 on the pretense of doing additional prep work on John. Bending over John, with much cleavage showing, she piddled around long enough to see the tattoo. Returning to the nurse's lounge, the voluptuous nurse told the other nurse, "I must have gone to the wrong room. The man I saw was a poker player, also, but his tattoo said "ROYAL FLUSH."

Visit pokerjoke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home