Friday, September 23, 2005

Rita comes


Here it comes, 8 hours from landfall.
Rita - "She's a vicious life-sucking bitch from which there is no escape."
Ok, so that was Dottie in Armageddon (1998), and it's only a Category 3 'Cane now so let's not get too excited. The freeway right in front of my Conroe home (not to be confused with my Austin apartment) was shown on CNN last night. It's taking like 12 hours to go 45 miles.
Yeesh.
All those people on the run, and their running right by my family. Nothing comforting about that thought, but my family insists they're prepared and expect only 75-80 MPH winds.
I'm all alone in Austin. My roommate headed to San Angelo to see his family. In the unliekly event the weather gets ugly here, I've got my water and batteries. Ok, make that two bottles of gatorade, fruit-flavored water and some double-As. I'd be screwed.

Dallas is freaking out for some reason, and I hear they're out of gas. I guess they just felt like panicking about something.

School tomorrow is canceled here. Yes, by tomorrow I mean Saturday. Baylor and TAMU had the good sense to cancel classes today, but we're hardcore here. We went to school despite today's gorgeous weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home