Sunday, November 13, 2005

Team 'shipit' and the $100 HU Match

At Noble poker, players without nicknames, have their ids prefixed by the letters 'npr'. The first few times i saw this, I thought it was a bunch of guys who knew each other. I was soon informed otherwise. But I liked the idea.
So I've gather a few of my online poker buddie and we've made names at Noble poker. We're shipit##
For example, shipit53 is my brother (otherwise known as ekillian.) I'm shipit17 (I think) there's been some confusion w/ the name change. I was playing as RSK22shipit last couple of days.

Anyway, I played and won a couple of $10 HU matches. A few hours later, I looked at the HU SnGs again, and there was somone siting in the $100 NL HE HU game.
Damn...

I'd put a whopping $200 on Noble poker, and have worked it up to like $230.
Anyway, it was late. I was bored. I was tired. I had a teensy bit of alchol in me (doens't take much). And I had showtime25 egging me on.

So I played a $100 HU match.
I got JJ on like the second hand, and ended up losing some chips when I turned a set, but there was a 4-flush on the board. He had a 9-hi flush.

At Noble you start with 1000 in chips. I was below 700, and with small blinds, 20/40 (I think) my opponent pushed twice in a row. I folded each time.
Then she pushed a 3rd time. I was holding A6dd...
I decided I prolly had a small edge, and I didn't want to pass it up. So I called.
(Only right after I called, did I think 'I just called off my whole stack with A6s in a $100 match).
My opponent had 33. I flopped a 6 and doubled up.

Then I lost a race to win it, and after awhile she was grinding me back to the felt. I couldn't hit a flop to save my life and was holding on with flop bets and pre-flop raises.
It was sick.

Then the blinds jumped to 50/100. I had around 600 chips and found myself in the SB with KK. She had gone back to open pushing, and had pushed a couple times when I completed.
So I completed. She pushed. I called, and my KK held up vs her 55.
Then I got aggro, and she soon had less than 500 chips. She pushed for like 450 from the SB, and I called with K9dd. She had J8, and I flopped a 9. It was good enough, and (huzzah) I won.

I still feel like HU is my game, but after that run in the $50 Hu matches at Stars, I odn't know what to do with it. Maybe I'll play $20 HU matches and MTTs on Noble.
We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home