Sunday, February 12, 2006

WHEEEEE!!!!!

Pet Monster swears by the cashout curse, and some days I believe him.
After cashing out $170, I've lost 7 consecutive $20+2 SnGs -- three of them of the 180-man variety.
It's been no fun at all. Three I lost early by getting aggro with AK. I pushed with plenty of fold equity but had calls made against me and failed to outrace my opponents' 44, TT and QQ. I lost another with set over set. That sucked too. Another two were fairly late in 20/20s and game as a function of short stack and rising blinds.

But I did just play a $20 HU match and emerge the victor. That chat made it special.
MrBlonde6 over at PSCrew suggested I use pokerhand.org to display my hands. It makes sense to me. So here is the second hand of the SnG.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?243269

Pre-flop is nothing to speak of. On the flop, I thought that large bet might just be an aggressive continuation bet. I called to see if he'd slow down.
He didn't slow down, but I nailed trips on the turn. Now I thought he had an overpair and I pretty much knew his chips were mine. He didn't like it too much.

nuspine said, "nice raise preflop"
BurntOrnge said, "lol, ty, lucky me"
nuspine said, "ya think?"
BurntOrnge said, "pretty much"

We battle for a bit, and here's the best part. His chat costs him the game.

nuspine said, "you gotta grow a pair sooner or later"

I'm not really sure what prompted this comment. I'd called an all-in with Q3 and doubled up his 56o. I'd pushed with K8o (called by his K8o) and I'd been winning my fair share of hands.
But the cards were dealt for the next hand and I limped my A3o. He pushed, his last bit of chat still hanging in the chat box.
lol
I call. He has KJcc, and my hand holds up.

Then he called me a tool, and I thanked him for the nice chat. It was fun.

It's 2am, and I'm doing laundry.

Let me know if you like the changes Adobe PhotoShop has allowed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home