Saturday, August 20, 2005

Yay for Drunk Poker

I'm writing this drunk, but I'll pay attention to spelling and punctuation; I promise.

I came from from a great party feeling terribly unfulfilled poker-wise. So I hit the tables. I've said before that I'm a good drunk player, and I truly believe it.

I started with a $1 SnG becuase it was about full. Eventually, I push with AJ am called by A2, and I lose.
During the SnG, I open up a .25/.50 NL table because I want to get some of the 100% bonus cleared.
Right out of the gate I lose $10 when I'm in the BB with K9hh. The SB min raises. I call and the flop is QJA-rainbow. We go check check and I bet when it's checked to me on the turn. He mn-raises and I call the river bet.
The river was a 9 to give me two pair, but my opponent has QT and I'm sunk.

I float around there, and start up a $20 6-handed SnG.
I get JJ UTG+1 in the ring game and UTG limps. I make it $2 and the guy on my left makes it $4.
UTG limper calls like the donk he is, and I call.
The flop is T-high and I figure I'm winning or losing a big pot.
It's checked to me and I decide that if i bet here and the re-raiser raises, chances are I'm losing a big pot. If I check and he bets, and I raise, I may win a big bot. So that's my line.
He bets $13, and the EP guy calls. I sigh and push.
Both call and I figured I'm fucked 6 ways to Sunday.
The turn is a T and both get all-in, now AK is kicking my ass and I... actually I don't really care. I'm like "screw it, never had a chance". But the river gives me a dinky straight, and I have renewed hope.

The UTG limper turns over K9 for two pair, and the re-raiser mucks. I take down a $110 pot.
I was sucked out on by the turn but redrew on the river, beautiful.

I decide to close that window and concentrate on the SnG, which has reached the bubble. I end up pushing with AJ, and getting called by A5. Evil doesn't strike and I'm in the money.
Then the chip leader knocks out the other guy and we're HU.

I got super aggressive and quite lucky after that. I'd make a standard >10xBB push and he'd call with an A. I'd make a pair and double through. I even won with Q8ss vs AQo.
The poker gods were taking away my bitching rights but I wasn't about to complain. I doubled him up, then doubled off him, then took him out.

When it was all over, I'd made like $90 in one drunk hour, so I shut down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home