Friday, August 26, 2005

Interpoker MTTs

I've found these to have good structures and very weak players.
The lone drawback to them is the small prize pools, but that has its advantages.
For example, I've final tabled 3 of the 4 MTTs I've played here. Inconsequential as the money may be, it's nice for the psyche. The only one that I failed to make the money in, I decided I didn't want to play in the first level and re-raised all-in with second pair, no kicker. I was out, and I went on to go to bed.
I tend to play these very late at night, which accounts for the small size of the fields.
Regardless, they're fun. You can do a lot by just waiting for good hands, because of the tournament's great structure. And when you do win a hand, you'll often double through because of the weak caliber of players that you're up agianst.
Last night I made $40 US in a 5lb tourney. I finished in 5th, and played fairly well. I got lucky twice, but neither hands would have knocked me out, or ruined my chances (though the second would have hurt).
An interesting thing about the site. If you raise to 300, and someone goes all-in for 350, that doesn't close the betting for you. So if an EP limper calls the push, and then you push, he's caught in a pickle. I had this happen with AK vs the shortie's 88, and the big stack's QJ. He was a moron, and I won a huge sidepot. The fella with 8s made quads though, so he tripled up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home